Sunday 23 March 2014

WHAT'S COMING UP IN 2014!


Google Images

Welcome to my new Blog!

It is for recording my own personal challenge of 

40 GREAT TRAVEL EXPERIENCES IN MY 40S!

In 2 weeks I am off to Japan for 2 weeks. 


JS_2014_Map

This trip will include some amazing travel experiences I am sure:

EXPLORING TOKYO AT NIGHT

TRAVELLING ON THE BULLET TRAIN

MAYBE CATCHING A VIEW OF MOUNT FUJI (hard to do so my fingers are crossed for this one)

HIROSHIMA PEACE PARK

And in my experience ADDITIONAL HIGHLIGHTS that I don't even know about yet...I want to make the most of every moment!

I think my list is going to get off to a great start.

AND THAT'S NOT ALL.....


This week I am going to book up some amazing trips for 2014:


RUSSIA-MOSCOW AND ST. PETERSBURG



Google Images

MOROCCO-INTO THE SAHARA


Google Image

And after my birthday in December-making me 43:

INDIA AND NEPAL-including Taj Mahal, Jaipur, Chitwan National Park, Kathmandu....



Which will leave 7 years of travelling left. 

Maybe I'll end up with more than 40 great experiences....maybe less... 

It's a real adventure and I can't wait.....


Sft x


16 comments:

  1. This site is such a great idea! As always I LOVE the pics. And Mark Twain's quote is one we should all live by :-)
    ~ Pru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pru! There will be LOTS of photos from Japan-such an interesting country.

      This quote is brilliant, it's stuck on my fridge so I see it every day!

      Sft

      Delete
  2. Cant wait to see the pictures from Japan! So exciting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to take them Sol! It's going to be amazing!

      Sft

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your travels and future plans, I am looking forward to sharing your journey via cyberspace. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your new travel posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I added your new blog to my blog sidebar.

      Delete
    2. Thanks CC! I'm looking forward to seeing your travel photos too.

      Sft x

      Delete
  5. Fabulous! Look forward to hearing all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Teri, they really feel like adventures!

      Sft x

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea SFT, looking forward to reading all about your adventures!

    I'm not a huge traveller (money is tighter than it used to be!) but I do have some plans and always hope to at least have one holiday (whether it be large or small) each year.

    Good on you for following your dreams!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a challenge and i've been looking for another big one since paying off the mortgage. I think this will keep me occupied for a while.
      You have been on some lovely trips and I'm so happy to hear you've got more to come.

      I really want to make my dreams come true.

      Sft x

      Delete
  7. Go you! Good on you for chasing your dreams! Your new blog looks wonderful and I'm excited for you that you will soon be packing your bags for Japan :-). Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S! I am really following my dreams.
      The new blog will be re-jigged I'm sure.

      We can't wait for Japan.

      Sft x

      Delete
  8. As a homebody I love your stories. One day I shall travel some more. Meanwhile there are other adventures and stories to fuel the fire. I would suggest that you carry a notebook to write down some of the funnier translations. I have seen some good ones. Also try a Japanese bath for me. I have friends who have taught English in Japan and loved it. I think you should find some good souvenirs in their dollar stores.

    ReplyDelete